Friday, August 2, 2013

Patience Is A Virtue


"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop."

- Confucius
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good Day EWI!
 
First and foremost today I want to thank all of you who responded to my call to action and birthday wish to increase the "Likes" of our Corporate Face book page!  While we did not crack 1000, or the modified 600 I asked for by the end of July, we did break 500!  That in itself is huge gain, so thank you to all who participated!  Our webmaster Bonny Steele and the office staff work so hard to post relevant and newsworthy items of interest on that page and I know they will be heartened by the increase.
 
Speaking of numbers, I owe a huge thank you to all of you who read this blog!  We have had over 4700 page views of the blog site!  WOW!  I am amazed!  Thank you to all of you who take the time to visit the site.  I am sure that by the end of my term it will have surpassed 5000 views.
 
We also had great engagement with the recruitment campaign which ended on Wednesday.  Thank you SO much to all of you whom referred a new member to EWI!  I am sure the winner of the LCAM trip will be announced in the Connect due next Wednesday, August 07th.  It will be exciting to see the winner's name, but congratulations to all of you who were entered.  Your efforts are propelling your Chapter and this organization forward!
 
If you were thinking of attending LCAM, now is the time to register!  Our room block is gone in a couple of weeks and the registration fee goes up after the 12th of August.  Don't hesitate!  I know of two members who I chatted with this week that were thinking of going but needed a room mate.  If you are in that situation, just let the office or a board member know and we will try to match you up with someone, if at all possible. 
 
Well, I got the BEST birthday gift ever on Monday in the form of an email from our Attorney.  He had received notification from the Attorney Generals office of Utah that charges have been laid against our former Executive Director.  Good things do come to those that are patient and persevere!  When the board made the decision to pursue all legal avenues, we did so knowing it would take time and money to see it through.  What propelled us though was that we felt we could not allow any other non-profit to be a potential "next" victim.  I am thrilled to see that decision proved to have been the correct one.
 
The perseverance required to see a goal through to completion is often difficult, but it does make the success all that much sweeter.  We must persevere in our "20 Mile Marching" and grow our organization.  I look forward to celebrating 5,000 engaged members one day, as I know you do.  One step at a time and as this quote says above...never stop!
 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
- K
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment