Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Cherish One Another









"They were absolutely lovely, and in their presence, so was she". 
- Ann Brashares
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good Day EWI!
 
I am writing this two days early as I will be deeply engaged with my fellow board members on Friday as we convene at our retreat.
 
The women whom I am blessed to have walk beside me on this journey are due to arrive here in Calgary tomorrow and then we are heading out to Lake Louise in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.  A huge thank you to member firm The Fairmont Lake Louise for all their assistance in planning this retreat.  I am very excited to be welcoming the board members to my world, so to speak! 
 
The excitement I am feeling however is not just about reuniting with all these absolutely lovely women who are so passionate about EWI, it is about the way I feel about myself when I am in their presence; fulfilled, joyous and oh, so grateful!  The prospect of gathering as a team to work together in discussing, planning and reviewing tactical strategies that support our strategic plan gets my heart pumping too! 
 
Whenever I gather with members of EWI I am energized and come away ignited not only about our organization, but about life in general.  For me, that invigoration is a key benefit of being a member representative. 
 
The time we spend together as a board is never enough.  It seems like LCAM was six months ago!  That is one core difference in being on a Chapter board versus the Corporate board.  Sadly, we can't just get together face to face over lunch or dinner...although Skype does help!  It always amazes me how each board year seems to speed by, but this year I am really trying to "live" in each moment fully so that I can walk away with lasting memories that are rich in detail.
 
I cannot wait to hear this months update from each of the board members in what work has been accomplished and what is well underway. How their committees and their "Fleet" of Chapters are doing, what issues are they facing and how can we better assist Chapters and member representatives?
 
We have a full slate on the agenda and I cannot thank Darlene Banogon, our Corporate Secretary/Treasurer enough for all that she does to keep us on point.  
 
My wish for this coming weekend is that we can discuss and debate issues with full respect for one another, coming to consensus and always making sure that what is best for EWI is the top priority.  I know that we will be forming bonds that will last a lifetime, to be sure.
 
This issue of my blog is a light one, but I know I will have lots of news to share next week!  Be sure to check back, won't you?  I must say it has been fun to track the "views" on this page since I started this and today, it broke the 1200 mark!  As such, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this weekly blog and for passing on your comments and thoughts. 
 
Have a wonderful week EWI!
 
- Karen
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment